By Terrell L. Strayhorn
Belonging – with friends, within the school room, or on campus – is a vital a part of the school adventure. it may possibly impact a student’s measure of educational success, or maybe whether or not they remain in class. even if a lot is understood in regards to the motives and impression of experience of belonging in scholars, little is understood approximately how belonging differs in response to scholars’ social identities, similar to race, gender, or sexual orientation, or the stipulations they come across on campus.
College scholars’ experience of Belonging addresses those scholar sub-populations and campus environments. It deals readers useful guidance, underpinned by way of thought and learn, for aiding scholars belong and thrive. feel of belonging can come from friends, lecturers or college, kinfolk, social and educational teams, and dwelling and studying environments. The ebook offers:
- a evaluate and critique of present literature on experience of belonging in mild of latest and rising theory
- a new conceptual version of belonging which is helping the reader extend an knowing of experience of belonging
- new and up to date learn findings from quantitative, qualitative, and combined tools reports carried out by means of the author
- practical strategies for making improvements to academic environments, practices, guidelines, and courses to facilitate scholars’ feel of belonging on campus.
Read or Download College Students' Sense of Belonging: A Key to Educational Success for All Students PDF
Best college & university education books
Via specialist essays, this guide covers all features of the admissions technique, from a historic evaluation to a consultant to destiny developments. either new and skilled admissions officials and academic directors will locate right here crucial instruments for effectively recruiting and enrolling a fascinating mixture of scholars for his or her associations.
Asian-American schooling: historic history and present Realities fills a spot within the learn of the social and ancient reports of Asians in U. S. colleges. it's the first ancient paintings to supply American readers with information regarding hugely person ethnic teams instead of viewing rather varied teams as one obscure, international entity equivalent to "Asians.
Compliment for the former variation of the yankee group university "Projecting the long run for the neighborhood schools of the early twenty-first century comprises projecting the longer term for the state normally: its demographics, economic system, and public attitudes. .. . At center is a discourse on how the associations may possibly adapt old constructions and practices to a altering international, and the way these adjustments may perhaps eventually have an effect on scholars, the group, and society at huge.
Surmounting the obstacles: Ethnic variety in Engineering schooling is the precis of a workshop held in September 2013 to take a clean examine the impediments to larger diversification in engineering schooling. The workshop introduced jointly educators in engineering from - and four-year schools and employees individuals from the 3 sponsoring enterprises: the nationwide technology starting place, the nationwide Academy of Engineering and the yankee Society for Engineering schooling.
- Education and Religion: Global Pressures, Local Responses
- Unpaid Professionals: Commercialism and Conflict in Big-Time College Sports
- Chicano Educational Achievement: Comparing Escuela Tlatelolco, A Chicanocentric School, and a Public High School (Latino Communities: Emerging Voices - Political, Social, Cultural and Legal Issues)
- Internal Audit in Higher Education (Creating Success)
- Bowling Green: A Town and Gown History (Images of America)
Additional resources for College Students' Sense of Belonging: A Key to Educational Success for All Students
College Students' Sense of Belonging: A Key to Educational Success for All Students by Terrell L. Strayhorn