By Cell Press
Cell Press studies: Stem Cells to version and deal with Disease informs, conjures up, and connects stem phone researchers and clinicians in any respect phases of their careers with well timed, accomplished stories written through leaders within the box and curated through telephone Press editors. The book deals a vast view of a few of the main compelling subject matters in stem phone examine including:
- Safety and efficacy of stem mobile treatments
- Stem-cell-based organ regeneration
- Integrating stem cells into custom-made drug discovery
- Using pluripotent stem cells for treating neurological disease
- Engineering hematopoietic stem cells for cutting edge therapies
Contributions come from best voices within the box, together with: - Shinya Yamanaka, Recipient of the 2012 Nobel Prize for body structure or drugs, Recipient of the 2012 Millennium expertise Prize, Professor and Director of the heart for iPS phone study and alertness at Kyoto collage, Senior Investigator on the Gladstone Institute of heart problems, L.K. Whittier origin Investigator in Stem telephone Biology and Professor on the college of California, San Francisco - George Q. Daley, Samuel E. Lux IV Professor of Hematology/Oncology at Harvard scientific tuition and Director for the Stem mobile Transplantation software at Boston Children’s health center - Irving Weissman, Member of nationwide Academy of Sciences, Virgina & D.K Ludwig Professor for medical research in melanoma study, and Director for Institute of Stem mobile Biology and Regenerative medication at Stanford collage of Medicine
Cell Press reports: Stem Cells to version and deal with Disease is a part of the phone Press Reviews series, which positive factors experiences released in Cell Press basic examine and Trends reports journals.
- Provides well timed overviews on quite a lot of stem cellphone applications
- Offers perception from specialists at the key possibilities and demanding situations dealing with the field
- Features stories on genetic, mobile, and molecular elements of stem-cell-based applications
- Includes articles initially released in Cell, phone Stem phone, Neuron, tendencies in Molecular Medicine, and Trends in Biotechnology
Read or Download Cell Press Reviews: Stem Cells to Model and Treat Disease (Cell Press Reviews Series) PDF
Similar developmental biology books
This sequence presents a accomplished survey of the key subject matters within the box of developmental biology. The volumes are useful to researchers in animal and plant improvement, in addition to to scholars and execs who wish an creation to mobile and molecular mechanisms of improvement. This 12 months marks a big milestone for the sequence because it completes its 30th yr of ebook, making it the longest-running discussion board for modern concerns in developmental biology.
A realistic and clarifying method of getting older and aging-related ailments supplying an intensive and wide theoretical framework, The Biostatistics of getting older: From Gompertzian Mortality to an Index of Aging-Relatedness addresses the unusually subtlenotion—with consequential biomedical and public future health relevance—of what it capability for acondition to be on the topic of getting older.
Named A top ebook of the 12 months by means of global MagazineThroughout his exclusive and unconventional profession, engineer-turned-molecular-biologist Douglas awl has been asking the questions that a lot of the medical neighborhood may really silence. Now, he provides his conclusions during this courageous and pioneering e-book.
Cytokinesis, the newest quantity within the equipment in telephone Biology sequence, appears to be like on the most up-to-date advances in cytokinesis. Edited through leaders within the box, this quantity offers confirmed, state-of-art innovations, in addition to correct old historical past and idea, to assist researchers in effective layout and potent implementation of experimental methodologies.
- Comparative Anatomy and Phylogeny of Primate Muscles and Human Evolution
- Gay, Straight, and the Reason Why: The Science of Sexual Orientation
- Kaufman’s Atlas of Mouse Development Supplement: With Coronal Sections
- Advances in Genetics: 87
- Current Topics in Developmental Biology: 59
- Cognitive Biology: Dealing with Information from Bacteria to Minds
Additional resources for Cell Press Reviews: Stem Cells to Model and Treat Disease (Cell Press Reviews Series)
Cell Press Reviews: Stem Cells to Model and Treat Disease (Cell Press Reviews Series) by Cell Press