By Jesse Wolfe
Read Online or Download Bloomsbury, Modernism, and the Reinvention of Intimacy PDF
Similar literary modernism criticism books
Virginia Woolf, the highbrow, and the general public Sphere relates Woolf's literary reports and essays to early twentieth-century debates concerning the price of 'highbrow' tradition, the equipment of guideline in universities and grownup schooling, and the significance of an informed public for the belief of democratic objectives.
The 1st of 3 volumes charting the background of the Modernist journal in Britain, North the US, and Europe, this assortment deals the 1st finished examine of the huge and sundry variety of 'little magazines' which have been so instrumental in introducing the hot writing and concepts that got here to represent literary and creative modernism in the united kingdom and eire.
This learn explores how Spanish American modernista writers integrated journalistic formalities and types during the crónica style to strengthen their literary preoccupations. via various modernista writers, together with José Martí, Amado Nervo, Manuel Gutiérrez Nájera and Rubén Darío, Reynolds argues that extra-textual parts – akin to temporality, the fabric codecs of the newspaper and publication, and editorial impression – animate the modernista movement’s literary goals and aesthetic ideology.
This quantity is a suite of 38 items essays, poems, extracts unified via a mix of the playful, primitive aesthetic of literary modernism with the anti-authoritarian, anarchist praxis of radical democratic politics. This bi-polar sensibility permeates the paintings of Jerry Zaslove, to whom the booklet is devoted.
- Aphrodite's Daughters: Three Modernist Poets of the Harlem Renaissance
- Modernism at the Microphone: Radio, Propaganda, and Literary Aesthetics During World War II (Historicizing Modernism)
- Striking Their Modern Pose,: Fashion, Gender, and Modernity in Galdós, Pardo Bazán, and Picón (Purdue studies in romance literatures)
- The Nets of Modernism
- Literary Research and the American Modernist Era: Strategies and Sources (Literary Research: Strategies and Sources)
- Robert Duncan, The Ambassador from Venus: A Biography
Additional resources for Bloomsbury, Modernism, and the Reinvention of Intimacy
Bloomsbury, Modernism, and the Reinvention of Intimacy by Jesse Wolfe