By Ato Kwamena Onoma
Read or Download Anti-Refugee Violence and African Politics PDF
Similar emigration & immigration books
Migration is on the middle of Asian historical past. for hundreds of years migrants have tracked the routes and seas in their ancestors - retailers, pilgrims, squaddies and sailors - alongside the Silk highway and around the Indian Ocean and the China Sea. during the last one hundred fifty years, although, migration inside of Asia and past has been more than at the other time in background.
As different teenagers back domestic from college, thirteen-year-old José Silva headed for paintings at a cafe, the place he may stay till 2:00 a. m. Francisca Herrera, a tomato picker, was once uncovered to insecticides whereas she used to be pregnant and gave start to a toddler with out palms or legs. Silva and Herrera immigrated illegally to the U.S., and their reviews are faraway from specific.
The political debate over accomplished immigration reform within the usa reached a top in 2006. whilst Congress didn't enforce federal immigration reform, this spurred various neighborhood and country governments to confront immigration coverage of their personal jurisdictions. In worry of changing into sanctuaries for immigrants, a number of neighborhood groups faced and applied their very own rules to restrict immigration.
There's a powerful yet unreliable view that immigration is a marginal and up to date phenomenon. actually, immigrants and refugees have come to Britain all through its recorded heritage. during this ebook, first released in 1988, Colin Holmes appears at this era extensive and asks: who have been the newbies and why have been they coming?
- Mass Migration in the World-system: Past, Present, and Future (Political Economy of the World-System Annuals)
- Abandoned Japanese in Postwar Manchuria: The Lives of War Orphans and Wives in Two Countries (Japan Anthropology Workshop Series)
- The Securitization of Humanitarian Migration: Digging moats and sinking boats (Routledge Advances in International Relations and Global Politics)
- Gender and Migration in Italy: A Multilayered Perspective (Law and Migration)
- Reimagining Indian Country: Native American Migration and Identity in Twentieth-Century Los Angeles (First Peoples: New Directions in Indigenous Studies)
- Wir können doch nicht alle nehmen!: Europa zwischen "Das Boot ist voll“ und "Wir sterben aus“ (German Edition)
Additional info for Anti-Refugee Violence and African Politics
Anti-Refugee Violence and African Politics by Ato Kwamena Onoma