By Monika Fludernik
An creation to Narratology is an obtainable, useful consultant to narratological idea and terminology and its program to literature.
In this publication, Monika Fludernik outlines:
- the key options of favor, metaphor and metonymy, and the background of narrative types
- narratological ways to interpretation and the linguistic facets of texts, together with new cognitive advancements within the field
- how scholars can use narratological concept to paintings with texts, incorporating exact functional examples
- a glossary of worthwhile narrative phrases, and proposals for extra reading.
This textbook bargains a accomplished evaluate of the major features of narratology by means of a number one practitioner within the box. It demystifies the topic in a manner that's obtainable to novices, but in addition displays fresh theoretical advancements and narratology’s expanding attractiveness as a severe tool.
Read or Download An Introduction to Narratology PDF
Similar media studies books
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2008 im Fachbereich Medien / Kommunikation - Massenmedien allgemein, be aware: 1,7, Johann Wolfgang Goethe-Universität Frankfurt am major, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Seit die Moderne von der überwältigenden Flut der untereinander konkurrierenden (Multi-, Massen-) Medien immer mehr überrollt wird, zeigt sich eine Veränderung unserer Aufmerksamkeit.
Radio's electronic quandary is the 1st complete research of the U.S.’ electronic radio transition, chronicling the technological and coverage improvement of the HD Radio broadcast average. a narrative laced with anxiousness, lack of awareness, and hubris, the evolution of HD Radio pitted the nation’s greatest advertisement and public broadcasters opposed to the remainder of the radio and the listening public in a pitched conflict over defining the electronic way forward for the medium.
Media independence is key for democracies, and so is the independence of the regulatory our bodies governing it. The Independence of the Media and its Regulatory Agencies explores the advanced dating among media governance and independence of media regulatory specialists inside of Europe, which shape a part of the broader framework within which media’s independence may possibly flourish or fade.
Expert sports promote their eco-friendly credentials and but stay complicit in our international environmental crisisSports are responsible for major carbon footprints via stadium building and effort use, participant and spectator shuttle, and media assurance. The effect of activities on weather swap is extra compounded through sponsorship bargains with the gasoline and petroleum industries—imbuing these extractive companies with a good photograph by means of embedding them in the daily excitement of activity.
- Sexe et stéréotypes dans les médias (Communication et Civilisation) (French Edition)
- Media Ownership and Agenda Control: The hidden limits of the information age (Communication and Society)
- The Mediatization of Foreign Policy, Political Decision-Making and Humanitarian Intervention (The Palgrave Macmillan Series in International Political Communication)
- Presse en ligne en Afrique francophone (La): Dynamiques et défis d'une filière en construction (French Edition)
- French Dressing: Women, Men, and Fiction in the Ancien Regime
Additional info for An Introduction to Narratology
An Introduction to Narratology by Monika Fludernik