By Erik Martiny
- Covers a wide range of poetic cultural traditions from Britain, eire, North the US, Japan and the Caribbea
- Summarises many genres from their earliest origins to their latest renderings
- The in basic terms full-length serious assortment to accommodate sleek variations of poetic genres
- Contributors comprise Bernard O’Donoghue, Stephen Burt, Jahan Ramazani, and lots of different impressive students of poetry and poetics
Read Online or Download A Companion to Poetic Genre (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Similar literary criticism & theory books
The technology Fiction guide bargains a finished and obtainable survey of 1 of the literary world's such a lot attention-grabbing genres. contains separate old surveys of key subgenres together with time-travel narratives, post-apocalyptic and post-disaster narratives and works of utopian and dystopian technology fiction each one subgenre survey comprises an in depth checklist of proper serious readings, advised novels within the subgenre, and advised movies correct to the subgenre good points entries on a couple of key technological know-how fiction authors and large dialogue of significant technology fiction novels or sequences Writers and works contain Isaac Asimov; Margaret Atwood; George Orwell; Ursula okay.
Hwang Sun-won, might be the main loved and revered Korean author of the 20th century, dependent this outstanding novel on his personal event in his North Korean domestic village among the tip of global battle II and the eve of the Korean conflict while Korea have been divided into North and South by way of its liberators -- the USA and the Soviet Union.
Can black men supply worthy insights on black ladies and patriarchy? Many black feminists are uncertain. Their skepticism derives partly from a historical past of explosive encounters with black males who blamed feminism for stigmatizing black males and undermining racial unity and partially from a belief that black male feminists are opportunists capitalizing at the present acclaim for black women's writing and feedback.
Lengthy untouched through modern occasions, rules and environments, Emily Dickinson's writings were the topic of extreme historic learn lately. This quantity of thirty-three essays by means of best students bargains a finished advent to the contexts most vital for the learn of Dickinson's writings.
- Contes de la vila de R. i altres narracions (BUTXACA) (Catalan Edition)
- The Routledge Companion to Science Fiction (Routledge Literature Companions)
- The Cambridge Companion to Gay and Lesbian Writing (Cambridge Companions to Literature)
- Cheat: A Man's Guide to Infidelity
- Jane Austen's Anglicanism
Additional resources for A Companion to Poetic Genre (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)
A Companion to Poetic Genre (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) by Erik Martiny