By David E. Chinitz,Gail McDonald
Offering a accomplished and up to date survey of the sector, A better half to Modernist Poetry offers readers with targeted discussions of person poets, ‘schools’ and ‘movements’ inside of modernist poetry, and the cultural and old context of the modernist period.
- Provides an in-depth and available precis of the most recent developments within the examine of modernist poetry
- Balances dialogue of person poets, ‘schools’, and ‘movements’ with in-depth literary and ancient context
- Brings contemporary scholarship to endure near to modernist poetry whereas additionally supplying counsel on poets who're traditionally important
- Edited via hugely revered and extraordinary critics within the box who've a wide wisdom of present debates and of emerging and senior students within the field
Read Online or Download A Companion to Modernist Poetry (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Best literary modernism criticism books
Virginia Woolf, the highbrow, and the general public Sphere relates Woolf's literary stories and essays to early twentieth-century debates in regards to the price of 'highbrow' tradition, the equipment of guide in universities and grownup schooling, and the significance of an informed public for the belief of democratic pursuits.
The 1st of 3 volumes charting the historical past of the Modernist journal in Britain, North the USA, and Europe, this assortment deals the 1st entire learn of the extensive and sundry variety of 'little magazines' which have been so instrumental in introducing the hot writing and concepts that got here to represent literary and inventive modernism in the united kingdom and eire.
This research explores how Spanish American modernista writers included journalistic formalities and types during the crónica style to strengthen their literary preoccupations. via quite a few modernista writers, together with José Martí, Amado Nervo, Manuel Gutiérrez Nájera and Rubén Darío, Reynolds argues that extra-textual components – akin to temporality, the fabric codecs of the newspaper and booklet, and editorial effect – animate the modernista movement’s literary objectives and aesthetic ideology.
This quantity is a set of 38 items essays, poems, extracts unified through a mixture of the playful, primitive aesthetic of literary modernism with the anti-authoritarian, anarchist praxis of radical democratic politics. This bi-polar sensibility permeates the paintings of Jerry Zaslove, to whom the publication is devoted.
- How Strange the Change: Language, Temporality, and Narrative Form in Peripheral Modernisms (Stanford Studies in Jewish History and C)
- Modernism, Magazines, and the British avant-garde: Reading Rhythm, 1910-1914 (Oxford English Monographs)
- A History of the Modernist Novel
- Death, Men, and Modernism: Trauma and Narrative in British Fiction from Hardy to Woolf (Literary Criticism and Cultural Theory)
- Modernist Commitments: Ethics, Politics, and Transnational Modernism (Modernist Latitudes)
Extra info for A Companion to Modernist Poetry (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)
A Companion to Modernist Poetry (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) by David E. Chinitz,Gail McDonald