By Claudia L. Johnson,Clara Tuite
- Provides the main entire and up to date array of Austen scholarship
- Functions either as a scholarly reference and as a survey of the main cutting edge speculative advancements within the box of Austen studies
- Engages at size with altering contexts and cultures of reception from the 19th to the twenty-first centuries
Read Online or Download A Companion to Jane Austen (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Similar literary criticism & theory books
The technology Fiction guide bargains a entire and available survey of 1 of the literary world's so much attention-grabbing genres. contains separate old surveys of key subgenres together with time-travel narratives, post-apocalyptic and post-disaster narratives and works of utopian and dystopian technology fiction each one subgenre survey comprises an intensive checklist of correct severe readings, advised novels within the subgenre, and advised motion pictures appropriate to the subgenre beneficial properties entries on a couple of key technological know-how fiction authors and vast dialogue of significant technology fiction novels or sequences Writers and works contain Isaac Asimov; Margaret Atwood; George Orwell; Ursula okay.
Hwang Sun-won, probably the main loved and revered Korean author of the 20th century, dependent this impressive novel on his personal event in his North Korean domestic village among the tip of worldwide conflict II and the eve of the Korean conflict whilst Korea were divided into North and South through its liberators -- the USA and the Soviet Union.
Can black men supply worthwhile insights on black girls and patriarchy? Many black feminists are uncertain. Their skepticism derives partially from a historical past of explosive encounters with black males who blamed feminism for stigmatizing black males and undermining racial team spirit and partially from a notion that black male feminists are opportunists capitalizing at the present acclaim for black women's writing and feedback.
Lengthy untouched through modern occasions, rules and environments, Emily Dickinson's writings were the topic of extreme historic learn in recent times. This quantity of thirty-three essays by means of major students bargains a entire creation to the contexts most vital for the examine of Dickinson's writings.
- Thiefing Sugar: Eroticism between Women in Caribbean Literature (Perverse Modernities)
- Representing the Race: A New Political History of African American Literature
- Key Aspects in Sherman Alexie's Works with Special Reference to his Life
- Dos amants com nosaltres: Grans històries d'amor i passió de la literatura catalana (Catalan Edition)
- Muses India: Essays on English-Language Writers from Mahomet to Rushdie
- Daguerreotypes: Fugitive Subjects, Contemporary Objects
Additional info for A Companion to Jane Austen (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)
A Companion to Jane Austen (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) by Claudia L. Johnson,Clara Tuite